Exhibition view Photo Attilio Maranzano. Courtesy Fondazione Prada
4 Jun – 2 Oct 2011

The exhibition opens the Fondazione Prada Venetian venue, Ca’ Corner della Regina, a historic palazzo on the Grand Canal, built between 1724 and 1728 by Domenico Rossi for the Corner family of San Cassiano.

The show—curated by Germano Celant—documents through special projects, the ongoing dialogue of the Fondazione Prada with international museum institutions, establishing creative exchanges between their collections and the interventions of contemporary artists.

Using the Prada Collection as its starting point, the exhibition features a wide range of works and installations created in learned collaboration with such museums as The Hermitage of Saint Petersburg, the Fondazione Musei Civici of Venice, The Mathaf – Arab Museum of Modern Art and the Museum of Islamic Art of Doha, and with the creative interpretation of contemporary artists such as Thomas Demand and theorists such as Marco Giusti and Nicholas Cullinan.

The exhibition spaces at Ca’ Corner della Regina houses the imposing sculptures of Anish Kapoor, Michael Heizer and Jeff Koons, as well as works by Walter De Maria, John Baldessari, Charles Ray, Tom Friedman, Domenico Gnoli, Damien Hirst, Louise Bourgeois, Blinky Palermo, Bruce Nauman, Enrico Castellani, Nathalie Djurberg, Lucio Fontana, Francesco Lo Savio, Piero Manzoni, Salvatore Scarpitta and Mario Schifano.

All in all, an ensemble of presentations and crossovers witnessing the fluid interrelationship between modern and contemporary work, the first steps that the Prada Foundation will take into the future.

Venue of the exhibition: Fondazione Prada, Ca’ Corner della Regina, Venice

Publications